RECRUITMENT FOR THIS STUDY IS CLOSED
A research study is being conducted to learn about the cancer care experiences of Chinese, Indian and Filipino families living in the United States. The purpose of the study is to learn about family challenges with cancer care.
What types of volunteers are needed? 2 family members who can be interviewed separately and privately for 1 hour each. Interviews will be face to face, in a San Francisco Bay Area location.
A current or former cancer patient:
- Identifies as Chinese, Indian or Filipino.
- Immigrated to the U.S. at the age of 25 years old or older.
- Has only been diagnosed with cancer one time, 10 years ago or less, at the age of 50 years old or older.
- Received cancer care in the U.S.
A family caregiver of the cancer patient
- Helped care for the cancer patient at the age of 25 years old or older.
- The cancer patient will identify the family caregiver to be interviewed.
Are you interested in joining this study? Would you like more information? Contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.924.9599.
The languages available for the interview: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindi, Punjabi.
This study has been reviewed and approved by the Stanford University Institutional Review Board, Protocol #33186. For general information about participants rights, contact 1-866-680-2906.